- ¼ cup olive oil or butter
- 1-2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1⁄3 cup chickpea flour, sifted
- ½ teaspoon each salt, ground coriander, black pepper, and smoked paprika
- Pinch of nutmeg
- 2-3 cups vegetable or mushroom stock
- Heat olive oil in a heavy saucepan on medium-low. Add garlic and cook until just starting to brown.
- Lower heat. Add flour and spices and stir until mixture thickens. Cook for five minutes, stirring continuously, until flour mixture browns.
- Slowly stir in vegetable broth, whisking continuously until gravy thickens, adding more broth for a thinner consistency. This can be refridgerated and reheated for up to 2-3 days. Serve and enjoy!