Mock Turkey Gravy
Mock Turkey Gravy recipe from Down to Earth Organic and Natural.
- ¼ cup butter or oil
- 1 cup garbanzo (chickpea) flour
- 1 teaspoon basil
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 4 cups water
- ¼ cup soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 2-3 Tablespoons nutritional yeast
- Combine first five ingredients, stirring constantly over medium-high heat until lightly toasted. You may have to mash it with the backside of a spoon.
- When toasted, gradually add water, whisking constantly to prevent lumping.
- When blended, add last ingredients, mix well, and stir until desired consistency. Enjoy!