Tomato Chutney recipe from Down to Earth Organic and Natural.
Approximately 2 Cups
- 1½ Tablespoons safflower oil
- ¾ teaspoon fenugreek
- ¾ teaspoon mustard seeds
- 3 Anaheim chiles or 1 green pepper, de-seeded and diced
- 1 jalapeño pepper, de-seeded and diced
- 10 ripe tomatoes, diced
- Salt, to taste
- ¾ teaspoon turmeric
- 4 Tablespoons turbinado sugar
- 1 bunch cilantro, finely chopped
- In a skillet or large pot, heat oil over medium heat. Stir in fenugreek and mustard seeds and heat until mustard seeds begin to sputter.
- Add Anaheim chiles and jalapeño. Cover and turn heat to medium low. Cook for about 1 minute.
- Add tomatoes and cook for 5 minutes, uncovered.
- Stir in salt and turmeric. Turn heat to medium and cook covered for 15 minutes.
- Add sugar and cook another 5 minutes, uncovered.
- Remove from heat and sprinkle with cilantro. Let cool, serve, and enjoy!