- 2 Tablespoons high-heat oil
- 1 (14-oz) block extra-firm tofu, sliced into triangles
- 2-3 Tablespoons coconut oil
- 3 Tablespoons white miso
- 1-2 Tablespoons lemon juice
- 1-2 teaspoons soy sauce (optional)
- Black pepper to taste
- ¾ cup toasted, shredded coconut
- In a heavy skillet heat the high-heat oil until warm. Add sliced tofu and grill until lightly browned, about five minutes. Flip, and brown on opposite side.
- Meanwhile, whisk together coconut oil, miso, lemon juice, soy sauce, and black pepper until smooth.
- Heat coconut oil mixture in a small saucepan until warm. Add cooked tofu, and simmer for 15 minutes, stirring to coat.
- Remove tofu and toss into toasted coconut, flipping until coated on both sides. Continue with remaining pieces, until all pieces are coated evenly. Layer onto plates or a serving tray and serve immediately. Enjoy!