Curry Eggplant Burger
A veggie burger is a pretty simple formula - it just needs vegetables, spices and a binder. Here the binder is psyllium, but ground flax seed or chia seeds will also work fine. Optionally, cooked grains, legumes, potatoes and/or nuts can be added. There’s plenty of room to play!
Updated: Mon, 05/13/2019 - 9:10pm
- 2/3 cup buckwheat
- 1 large eggplant, peeled and cubed
- 3 scallions, trimmed and finely sliced
- 1-2 cloves garlic
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1 teaspoon coriander seeds, toasted
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 Tablespoons parsley, chopped
- 1/2 cup nutritional yeast
- 1 Tablespoon of psyllium
- Bring the buckwheat and 1.5 cups of water to the boil for ten minutes. Turn off and cover, allowing the buckwheat to continue steaming until cooked.
- In another pan, fry or bake the eggplant until soft.
- When both are cooked, blend all of the ingredients in a food processor, holding back half of the nutritional yeast.
- Check the texture, adding the remaining nutritional yeast if neccesary to make the mixture firm enough.
- Form into burger patties.
- Fry or broil patties, five minutes a side in an oiled fry pan, or ten minutes a side under the broiler in the oven.
- Serve with fixings as desired. Enjoy!