- 4 medium tomatoes
- 1 large round eggplant
- 1 medium yellow skin or red potato
- 2 bunches fresh spinach or 1 box frozen spinach
- 2 cups water
- 2 Tablespoons butter or vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/8 teaspoon red chili flakes
- 1 teaspoon honey or raw cane sugar
- Salt & pepper, to taste
- Wash and chop vegetables. Put in a pan with the water and cook covered on medium heat. Cook until vegetables are thoroughly soft, about 25 minutes. Stir occasionally to prevent sticking.
- In a small skillet heat butter or oil over medium-high heat. Add turmeric, ground cumin, chili powder and red chili flakes and toast until spices become aromatic.
- Add toasted spices to the soup along with the honey. Season with salt and pepper. Mix well and serve. Enjoy!