This is a simple tofu preparation that makes use of pantry staples for an easy weeknight dinner. An overnight marinade helps intensify the flavors.
- 1 (14-ounce) block extra-firm tofu
- ¼ cup olive oil
- ¼ cup red wine vinegar
- 2 Tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 Tablespoons mirin
- 1 Tablespoon dried garlic or garlic powder
- 1 Tablespoon each fennel seeds, oregano, and dried basil
- 1 teaspoon each black pepper and coriander
- Slice tofu 5-6 slices lengthwise then into triangles and lay into a 9”x13” baking dish or rimmed baking sheet.
- In a small bowl whisk remaining ingredients together and pour over tofu. Tilt pan to allow marinade to coat tofu evenly. Let marinate overnight in refrigerator.
- Preheat oven to 350º. Place tofu in oven and bake 20 minutes, then flip tofu. Bake for 10-15 more minutes, until tofu is slightly crisp to the touch and marinade has been absorbed. Enjoy immediately or save for sandwiches and wraps later in the week!