North Shore Style Vegan Garlic Shrimp
Feeling too lazy to drive to the North Shore? Allergic to shrimp? No problem! We'll show you how to make this classic local favorite without having to leave your house! Also...extra garlic please!
- 1 pound of oyster mushrooms or 1 package of vegan shrimp
- 6-7 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup plant-based butter
- 1 cup flour of choice
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon dulse flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Half a lemon
- Optional: Parsley for garnish
- In a shallow bowl, mix flour, sea salt, pepper, dulse flakes and cayenne pepper until combined.
- Lightly coat the mushrooms or vegan shrimp in the flour mixture. Shake off excess and set aside.
- Heat up the butter over medium low heat. Once the butter starts to get foamy, add the shrimp to the pan. Let the shrimp cook for 3-5 minutes on each side. Try not to disturb them while they form their crust. Flip the shrimp once they're golden brown on the bottom.
- About 2 minutes after you flip the shrimp, add garlic to the pan. Gently toss with the shrimp. Allow garlic to become fragrant.
- Once shrimp is golden brown on both sides, plate with a scoop of rice and freshly squeezed lemon and parsley.