Pumpkin Sage Pasta
If you're sick of conventional marinara pasta, try this Pumpkin Sage Pasta for a change! This vegan pasta dish is naturally lower in fat than others and exploding with fall flavor, the perfect comforting meal for the holidays.
- 2 cups uncooked pasta of choice
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 onion, diced
- 1/4 cup water or vegetable broth
- 2 teaspoons dried, ground or rubbed sage
- 3/4 cup unsweetened plant-based milk
- 3/4 cup canned pumpkin
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- Handful of nuts, chopped (optional for topping)
- Make pasta (according to package instructions).
- While pasta is cooking, saute garlic and onion in vegetable broth for 3-5 minutes.
- Stir in sage and cook for about a minute.
- Add plant-based milk and pumpkin puree, bring sauce to a boil, then turn heat to low and simmer for 8-10 minutes. Stir gently to combine ingredients.
- Add salt, stir to combine, then remove from heat.
- Pour over cooked pasta.
- Top with chopped nuts.