Cashew Miso Mayo
- ½ cup cashews, soaked for one hour
- 2 Tablespoons miso, any type
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1 Tablespoon prepared Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon honey or agave
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- ¼ cup unsweetened soymilk (more for texture)
Purple Potato Salad
- 2 medium-sized Okinawan (purple) sweet potatoes
- ½ cup shredded carrots
- ½ cup minced celery
- ¼ cup minced red onion
- For the Cashew Miso Mayo: Drain cashews and add to blender with miso, olive oil, mustard, honey, black pepper, and soymilk. Blend until very smooth, adding more soymilk if needed for texture. Add salt and/or more pepper to taste.
- For the Purple Potato Salad: Peel and rinse potatoes. Chop into 1-inch chunks and add to a large pot. Cover potatoes water and boil until just soft, about 10 minutes.
- Drain potatoes in colander and let cool completely.
- In a large bowl add the cooled potatoes, carrots, celery, and onion. Toss gently to combine.
- Pour Cashew Miso Mayo over vegetables and toss gently. Serve immediately. Store any extra mayo in fridge for up to a week. Enjoy!