Raw Kelp Noodle Alfredo with Mushrooms
Kelp noodles are a delicious, raw substitute for regular wheat pasta. The cashew-based sauce is creamy and rich, perfect for a cool summer meal.
- 1 (12-ounce) package kelp noodles
- 2 cups sliced mushrooms
- 1 Tablespoon dried garlic flakes
- 1 Tablespoon mirin
- 1 Tablespoon tamari
- ½ cup macadamia nuts
- 2 zucchini (peeled and cubed)
- 1 Tablespoon white miso
- 1 teaspoon mirin
- 1 whole garlic clove
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 1 Tablespoon nutritional yeast
- Salt to taste
- Water as needed
- ¼ cup fresh parsley, as garnish
- To prepare Noodles: Rinse kelp noodles in warm water and cut into bite size length using kitchen scissors.
- To prepare Mushroom Mixture: Combine mushrooms, dried garlic flakes, mirin and tamari in a bowl and set aside.
- Blend all Alfredo Sauce ingredients in a food processor until creamy and smooth.
- Pour Alfredo Sauce over noodles and toss until noodles are well coated.
- Place noodles on a platter, top with mushroom mixture and garnish with fresh parsley. Enjoy!