- 3 zucchini
Cashew Cheese Filling
- 1 zucchini, cubed
- 2 cups cashews, soaked 1 hour and drained
- Juice of 2 lemons
- ¼ cup olive oil
- ½ cup nutritional yeast
- ¼ cup water, if needed
- 3 Tablespoons chopped black olives
- 1 cup sliced kale
- ¼ cup sliced fresh basil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- ¼ cup of jarred sun-dried tomatoes in olive oil
- 3 large tomatoes, cubed
- ¼ cup fresh basil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 Tablespoon Balsamic vinegar
- 2 Tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 Tablespoons agave nectar
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Peel 3 zucchini lengthwise (from top to bottom) to make wide strips and set aside.
- To make the Cashew Cheese: Place chopped zucchini, cashews, lemon juice (reserve 2 Tablespoons), olive oil, and nutritional yeast in a food processor and process until creamy and well blended. Add water if needed to smooth mixture.
- Remove Cashew Cheese from processor and place in a large bowl. Stir in olives, kale, fresh basil, salt and pepper.
- Place all Marinara Sauce ingredients in food processor and blend until well combined. Set aside.
- Take 3 zucchini strips and layer side to side, overlapping slightly. On one side spread 2 heaping Tablespoons of Cashew Cheese mixture, leaving some space at the edges. Roll zucchini into a sushi-type roll to enclose the cheese. Place all zucchini rolls into a 8x8 baking dish. Continue until all zucchini strips are used up.
- Pour Marinara Sauce over the top, serve and enjoy!