This wonderful raw version is a delightful twist on a family favorite that everyone will love.
- 1 cup whole flax seeds
- 1 cup ground flax seeds
- 1 cup nutritional yeast
- 3 Tablespoons Italian seasoning
- 2 Tablespoons garlic flakes
- 1½ teaspoons sea salt
- Water, as needed
- 5 cups whole basil leaves
- 1 cup walnuts
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 1 large garlic clove
- Juice of 1 lemon
- ⅓ cup nutritional yeast
- 6 sliced large tomatoes
- 2 cups kalamata olives
- 2 cup clover sprouts
*Special equipment- Dehydrator
- Mix together all Crust ingredients, except for water, in a large bowl until well combined. Cover mixture with water until water is ½” over mixture. Mix well and let sit for 5-10 minutes, stirring a couple of times so lumps don’t form.
- Using a spatula place half the mixture onto a Teflex sheet. (If mixture is too thick and does not spread easily- mix in more water.) Spread mixture out into a ¼” thick circle covering the span of the Teflex sheet.
- Repeat this process onto another Teflex sheets to yield 2 pizza crusts. Place in dehydrator at 105° for 2 hours. Flip crusts directly onto dehydrator trays, removing Teflex sheets and dehydrate for 2 more hours.
- Combine all Pesto ingredients in a food processor and blend until well combined.
- Once pizzas are done, spread Pesto evenly over both pizzas. Any extra Pesto can be refrigerated for up to a week.
- Divide Toppings for each pizza. Experiment with different toppings as well. Serve and enjoy!