- 3-4 Tablespoons olive oil, divided
- ½ cup finely chopped onion
- 1½ cups chopped mushrooms
- 1 (14-ounce) package extra firm tofu
- ¼ cup nutritional yeast
- 1 Tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 Tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon each dried thyme, coriander, dried turmeric, and sea salt
- Water, as needed
- 1 cup shredded carrot
- 1 (10-12-ounce) package vegan sausage
- 4 cups fresh spinach
- Heat 2 Tablespoons oil in a skillet until warm. Add onions and sauté for a few minutes. Add mushrooms and garlic. Cook for five more minutes.
- Crumble tofu into pan (some large chunks are okay) and cook for 15 minutes to slightly brown tofu.
- In a small bowl, whisk together nutritional yeast, lemon juice, soy sauce, spices, and salt. Stir in a few Tablespoons water. Drizzle lemon mixture over tofu and stir well. The tofu should be coated with the nutritional yeast and a little bit sticky. Add in the grated carrot and stir to combine. Remove from heat and turn out into a large bowl.
- Add remaining oil to pan. Crumble sausage into pan and cook until just browned, about 10 minutes. Stir in spinach and add tofu. Toss to combine. Serve with rice, wraps, or alongside pancakes and good coffee! Enjoy!