Smoked Vegetarian Apple Sausage with Swiss Chard & Shiitake Mushrooms
Smoked Vegetarian Apple Sausage with Swiss Chard Recipe from Down to Earth Organic and Natural
- 3 tbsp safflower oil (or enough to coat pan)
- 1 cup chopped red onion
- 1 pkg of Field Roast Italian Sausage, sliced
- ¼ inch rounds
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 5-6 Shiitake Mushrooms, chopped
- 1 bunch Rainbow Swiss Chard, chopped
- 1 cup chopped red pepper
- Miso Sauce*:
- 3 tbsp. miso paste
- ½ tsp agave
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon red chili pepper flakes
- ¼ cup water
*Whisk together all ingredients ahead of time, set aside
- Heat skillet to medium and coat with safflower oil.
- Add chopped onions and stir until brown.
- Add cut up Smoked Apple Sausage- stir and brown.
- Add garlic and cook for 3 minutes.
- Add Shiitake Mushrooms, and Swiss chard, continue to stir.
- Add Miso Sauce. (Add additional water if needed.)
- Cover and simmer for 15minutes.