- ¼ cup toasted sesame oil (optional)
- 2 Tablespoons soy sauce or tamari
- 2 Tablespoons mirin
- 4 teaspoons honey or agave nectar
- 2 teaspoons brown rice vinegar
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 4 portobello mushrooms
- 1 Tablespoon sesame oil (optional)
- 1 cup cooked quinoa
- 1 cup cooked brown rice
- ½ cup cooked adzuki beans
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 1 cup finely shredded cabbage
- ½ cup minced mushrooms
- ½ cup minced green onion
- Sesame seeds, for garnish
- Preheat oven to 325º.
- Prepare Oil Mixture: In a small bowl mix together ¼ cup sesame oil, soy sauce, mirin, honey, vinegar, garlic powder and pepper. Whisk to combine.
- Prepare Stuffed Mushrooms: Remove the stem from the mushrooms, and wipe with a damp cloth. Place gill-side up in a 9” x13” baking dish. Brush gills and sides generously with Oil Mixture, and bake for 15 minutes. Remove and let cool slightly.
- In a large skillet, heat 1 Tablespoon sesame oil until hot. Add quinoa, rice and beans, and sauté over medium-high heat until slightly browned. Add all vegetables and cook until soft, about 10 minutes. Press mixture lightly with a spatula to mash beans.
- Add 1 cup grain-vegetable mixture into mushroom caps, pressing slightly to form a rounded top. Drizzle remaining oil mixture on top and sprinkle with sesame seeds. Bake for another 15 minutes, or until rice mixture is browned on top. Enjoy!