- 1 (16-ounce) package penne pasta
Sun-dried Tomato Pesto
- 1½ cups sun-dried tomatoes, soaked
- 1 cup packed fresh basil
- ½ cup chopped red bell pepper
- ½ cup walnuts
- ¼-1/3 cup olive oil
- ¼ cup lemon juice
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1¼ cups sliced olives
- ¼ cup pine nuts, toasted
- Cook pasta according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, prepare Sun-dried Tomato Pesto. Place all ingredients in a food processor and process until well incorporated and smooth.
- Once pasta is cooked, drain and rinse. Add pesto and combine until pasta is evenly coated. Gently mix in olives and pine nuts. Enjoy!