- 2 cups sushi rice
- 4 cups water
- 4 Tablespoons rice vinegar
- 2 teaspoons gomasio (sea salt and toasted sesame seeds)
- ¾ cup soy sauce
- 3 teaspoons fresh grated ginger
- 1 (10-ounce) package firm tofu, cut into strips
- 1 carrot, grated
- 1 avocado, sliced
- 6 nori sheets
- Wash rice in a colander under running water. Place rice and water in a medium saucepan and bring to a boil. Cover the saucepan and turn the heat to very low. Cook for 20 minutes.
- Transfer cooked rice to a large bowl and add the vinegar and gomasio.
- In a medium bowl, combine soy sauce and ginger. Place tofu strips in sauce and let marinate for 30 minutes.
- Spread a sheet of nori and press the rice onto ¾ of the sheet. Place the tofu, carrot and avocado on top.
- Roll the sushi and cut into ½’’ rounds.
- Use leftover soy sauce mixture to drizzle on top of sushi. Enjoy!