Tempeh Portobello Burgers w/ Sun-dried Tomatoes
Tempeh Portobello Burger recipe from Down to Earth Organic and Natural.
- 2 (8-ounce) packages original tempeh, cubed
- 1½ cups diced onion
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup chopped bell pepper
- 2 cups finely diced portobello mushrooms
- ½ cup chopped sun-dried tomatoes
- 2 Tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 teaspoons dried basil
- 2 teaspoons dried rosemary
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- ½ cup nutritional yeast
- ¼ cup liquid aminos
- Olive oil for frying
- Bread of choice (regular or gluten-free)
- Toppings of choice
- Place cubed tempeh in a steamer basket and steam for 15 minutes. Set aside to cool.
- Meanwhile, in a non-stick skillet, sauté the onion, garlic and bell pepper to soften. Add the mushrooms and sauté for 3-5 more minutes. Add the sun-dried tomatoes and balsamic vinegar, sauté for 2 more minutes. Remove from heat.
- Crumble steamed tempeh into a bowl. Add the sauté mixture, basil, rosemary and pepper, and stir until combined.
- Add the nutritional yeast and liquid aminos, stir well to combine.
- Line a large cookie sheet with parchment paper. Shape tempeh mixture into patties and place on cookie sheet.
- Chill for 30 minutes.
- Lightly oil a non-stick frying pan. Cook the burgers in batches until browned on both sides.
- Serve on your favorite regular or gluten-free bread with your choice of toppings. Enjoy!