Thai Green Curry
When de-seeding green chiles be careful not to touch them, as they can burn your fingers. Use fitted plastic gloves or remove seeds cautiously with a small knife
- 2 stalks lemongrass, finely sliced
- 2 teaspoons ground coriander
- 3½ Tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar (optional)
- 2-3 green chiles, de-seeded
- 1 small onion, quartered
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1" piece of ginger, peeled and sliced
- 2-3 kaffir lime leaves, cut into strips
- 2-3 Tablespoons coconut milk
- 3 Tablespoons safflower oil
- 1 (16-ounce) can coconut milk
- 1 (14-ounce) package firm tofu, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 2-3 kaffir lime leaves
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into matchsticks
- 1 small sweet potato, cubed
- ½ cup matchstick sliced carrot
- ½ cup chopped broccoli
- 1 cup snow peas
- 1 cup chopped sweet basil
- Place all Curry Paste ingredients in a blender. Add a little coconut milk, enough to keep the blades moving. Blend well. Set aside.
- To prepare Stir-fry: Heat oil in a wok or deep frying pan on medium-high heat and add the Curry Paste. Stir-fry until fragrant, then add remaining coconut milk.
- Add tofu and mix well. Add kaffir lime leaves.
- Turn heat to medium-low, cover and allow to simmer for about 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add bell pepper, sweet potato and carrots. Cover and cook another 5 minutes.
- Add broccoli and cook for 5 more minutes.
- Add snow peas and continue to cook for 2-4 minutes.
- Garnish with sweet basil. Serve with rice and enjoy!