Tropical BBQ Jackfruit
Fresh jackfruit is deliciously sweet, but did you know young (not fully ripe) jackfruit has a wonderful texture and mild flavor? This makes it the perfect pair for a smoky barbeque sauce. You can find young jackfruit canned or packaged at your local Down to Earth.
Recipe Categories:EntreesHolidaySandwiches and Wraps VeganGluten-Free Budget Friendly MealsQuick & Easy
Updated: Sun, 05/24/2020 - 8:10am
- 2-3 cups young (unripe) jackfruit
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- ½-1 cup barbeque sauce
- 1-2 cups diced pineapple, mango, or papaya
- ½-1 cup chopped macadamia nuts or brazil nuts
- Drain and rinse jackfruit.
- Heat a large skillet to medium heat. Add jackfruit and season with salt and pepper. Cook for 7-10 minutes, until slightly crispy.
- Pour barbeque sauce into skillet and cook with jackfruit until warm.
- Transfer barbeque jackfruit to a medium bowl. Add fruit and nuts and toss until well combined.
- Serve barbeque jackfruit warm and enjoy!