- 14-ounces flat rice noodles (dry)
- 4 Tablespoons soy sauce or tamari
- 3 Tablespoons ketchup
- 2 Tablespoons lime juice
- 1 Tablespoon sugar
- ½ Tablespoon tamarind paste, mixed with ½ cup water
- 3 Tablespoons peanut or coconut oil
- 1 large shallot, sliced
- 1-2 fresh green chiles, de-seeded and chopped
- ½ block fried tofu, cut into small cubes
- 1 cup fresh snow peas
- 1 cup bean sprouts
- 3 green onions, finely sliced
- ¼ cup ground peanuts
- Soak Noodles in hot water until soft. Drain and toss with 1 Tablespoon oil to keep from sticking.
- Mix all Sauce ingredients together in a small bowl. Set aside.
- To prepare Pad Thai: Heat remaining oil in a wok or skillet on medium-high. Add shallots and chiles and stir-fry until fragrant.
- Add tofu and stir-fry 1 minute.
- Add snow peas and stir-fry for another minute, until bright green.
- Add Noodles and Sauce. Stir-fry, lifting and turning noodles to combine all ingredients.
- Remove from heat and add bean sprouts, mixing well to combine.
- Garnish with green onions and ground nuts. Serve and enjoy!