- 1 cup pearled barley, soaked overnight
- 1 cup spelt berries, soaked overnight
- 1 cup raisins
- ¼ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 Tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- pinch each salt and pepper
- 2 Tablespoons water, or to taste
- 1 Tablespoon coconut oil
- 2 cups sliced red cabbage
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 4 cups curly kale
- In a large saucepan bring 4 cups water to boil. Add barley and spelt berries and bring to a boil. Lower heat and cover. Simmer for 45 minutes, or until grains are tender. Drain excess water if necessary.
- Meanwhile, add raisins to a small bowl and cover with hot water. Let stand for 15 minutes.
- Add soaked raisins, olive oil, vinegar, salt, pepper, and water to food processor and blend until smooth, adding extra water if necessary. Remove from processor and set aside.
- In a large skillet, heat coconut oil over medium low heat. Add cabbage and carrots and cook until wilted and starting to brown, about 10 minutes. Add kale, and stir to wilt.
- To build the bowl, layer vegetables and grains together in a large serving bowl, and drizzle with vinaigrette. Enjoy!