Mac-Nut Crusted Tofu w/ Spicy Mango Sauce
Mac-Nut Crusted Tofu with Spicy Mango Sauce recipe from Down to Earth Organic and Natural.
- 1 (14-ounce) tofu, drained and patted dry
- 1/4 cup mirin
- 2 Tablespoons safflower oil
- 2 Tablespoons soy sauce
- 3 Tablespoons taosted sesame oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 Tablespoon minced ginger
- 2 Tablepoons ground flax meal
- 4 Tablsepoons water
Mac Nut Breading
- 1/2 cup findely ground macadamia nuts
- 1/4 cup panko
- 1/8 cup nutritional yeast
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- Salt & pep
- Slice tofu into ¼” thick slabs. Lay in a single layer in a baking dish.
- Combine all Marinade ingredients in a bowl. Pour over tofu and allow to marinate for 30 minutes, flipping over half way through.
- Whisk Flax Gel ingredients in a small bowl. Allow to sit for 1-2 minutes.
- In a small bowl mix together Mac Nut Breading ingredients.
- After tofu has marinated, working with one slab at a time roll in Flax Gel and then roll in Mac Nut Breading. Repeat with remaining tofu.
- To cook tofu you can either bake or fry: To Bake: Preheat oven to 400°F. Grease a baking sheet. Place tofu on prepared baking sheet and bake for 15 minutes. Turn over and bake for another 15-20 minutes or until golden brown. To Fry: Heat skillet to medium-high heat. Add 2 Tablespoons high-heat oil and fry tofu on each side until dark golden brown.
- Prepare Mango Sauce: Place all ingredients in a food processor and blend until smooth.
- Top tofu with Mango Sauce. Enjoy!