Roasted Kabocha Squash with Mushroom Cashew Gravy
Roasted Kabocha Squash with Mushroom Cashew Gravy recipe from Down to Earth Organic and Natural.
- 2 kabocha squash, peeled deseeded and sliced in 1/2" thick strips.
- 3 Tablespoons coconut oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 3 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 2 cups mushrooms, sliced
- ½ teaspoon thyme
- 2 cups cashews, soaked 1 hour
- 1 garlic bulb, roasted
- 2 cups water
- ½ cup nutritional yeast
- Juice of ½ lemon
- 2 Tablespoons Braggs Liquid Aminos
- Preheat oven to 400º. Place squash (and garlic bulb wrapped in foil) on baking sheet and bake for 25 minutes. Leave garlic in for another 20 minutes.
- To make Gravy, heat a large skillet on medium and add olive oil. Sauté onions, mushrooms, and thyme until onions are translucent.
- Drain and rinse cashews. Place in a food processor with roasted garlic (just squeeze and garlic will ooze out), water and nutritional yeast.
- Blend until smooth and creamy.
- Pour into skillet with onion and mushrooms, add more water if needed, until you get desired consistency.
- Add lemon and Braggs Liquid Aminos, and let simmer for 15 minutes.
- Serve Gravy over the squash and top with caramelized onions.