Leafy Greens with Umeboshi and Lemon
This dish nourishes the liver. Try other combinations of your favorite hard leafy greens such as collards and mustard greens.
- ½ cup water + more if needed
- 2 cups chopped dandelion greens
- 1 cup chopped kale
- 2 Tablespoons minced fresh garlic
- 2-3 Tablespoons umeboshi vinegar
- 2 Tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- Heat ½ cup water in a sauté pan; bring to a boil. Add in chopped greens; turn heat to low, cover and steam for 3 minutes, adding more water if needed.
- When greens are desired tenderness, remove from heat; transfer to a serving dish and add the umeboshi vinegar and lemon.
- Toss together gently and enjoy!