- 1 cup unsweetened pineapple juice
- 1 Tablespoon vinegar
- 2 Tablespoons soy sauce or tamari
- 1 Tablespoon corn starch
- 1 Tablespoon honey or agave nectar
- 1 (10-ounce) block firm tofu
- Soy sauce or tamari
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- ½ cup chopped onion
- 1 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1" fresh ginger, grated
- 2 cups unsweetened pineapple chunks
- 2 Tablespoons roasted almonds(optional)
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- Whisk together all the Sauce ingredients in a small bowl and set aside.
- Cube the tofu, sprinkle with soy sauce and bake on a lightly oiled baking sheet until slightly brown and firm - about 10-15 minutes.
- In a large skillet or wok, heat the oil and stir-fry the garlic, onion, pepper, celery and ginger for 2-3 minutes.
- Add the pineapple and almonds and cook for 4-5 minutes.
- Stir in the Sauce and cook until thickened.
- Add the tofu and cook just until heated. Serve over warm brown rice and enjoy!