'Nooch’ is a nickname for nutritional yeast, a vegan condiment/supplement. Nutritional yeast is a flaked, yellow powder that is high in protein and B vitamins and tastes delicious on EVERYTHING!
Updated: Mon, 04/16/2018 - 8:35am
- 10 ounces firm tofu, drained and pressed dry
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- ½ cup nutritional yeast flakes
- 1 teaspoon dried garlic flakes
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 1-2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 1-2 Tablespoons water
- Slice tofu into ½" thick slices.
- Heat oil in a pan over medium heat until warm. Add tofu and grill until lightly browned, about 10 minutes on each side.
- While tofu is cooking, mix nutritional yeast, garlic and pepper in a medium bowl. Set aside.
- When tofu is mostly browned, turn heat to low and add nutritional yeast mix. Toss to combine.
- Stir in soy sauce and water gradually until flakes have turned into a creamy sauce.
- Taste and add more nooch, soy sauce or water if desired. Enjoy immediately or can be stored in an air-tight container for a few days in the refrigerator.