Orange and Ginger Tofu
- Zest of 2 oranges
- 2 Tablespoons finely grated ginger
- Olive oil
- 1 block extra firm tofu, cut into ¼’’ slabs
- 1 teaspoon corn starch
- 1½ cups vegetable stock
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1½ cups sliced mushrooms
- ¾ cup chopped onion
- ½ cup cashews, coarsely chopped
- ¼ cup orange juice
- Agave nectar to taste
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- In a bowl combine orange zest and grated ginger. Rub each tofu slab with the mixture.
- Heat oil in a pan over medium heat. Add tofu and cook until golden on both sides.
- Transfer tofu to a casserole dish and set aside.
- Combine corn starch with vegetable stock.
- Heat 1 Tablespoon olive oil in a skillet and add garlic, mushrooms, onion, cashews, orange juice and vegetable stock mixture.
- Cook until mushrooms are soft and onions become translucent.
- Pour mixture over tofu, drizzle with agave and bake 20 minutes. Enjoy!