- 2 cups packed fresh basil leaves
- ½ cup olive oil
- ¼ cup pine nuts or chopped walnuts
- 3 garlic cloves, finely minced
- ½ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 8 slices bread of choice
- 16 provolone cheese slices
- 1 (16-ounce) jar roasted red peppers
- 3-4 cups spinach leaves, washed and dried
- Safflower oil
- Process all Pesto ingredients in a food processor until combined well.
- Spread pesto on 4 slices of bread. Layer each with 2 slices of cheese, peppers and spinach.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Top with bread slices.
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat. Add oil.
- Place panini in skillet and use a heavy sauce pan to weigh it down.
- Once panini is golden brown on one side, flip and repeat the process.
- Serve immediately or wrap to take on a lovely picnic. Enjoy!