- 1½ cups vegetable broth
- 1 cup unsweetened non-dairy milk
- 1 cup polenta (course-ground cornmeal)
- ½ teaspoon each black pepper and dried basil
- 1 cup shredded cheese (dairy or vegan)
- ½ cup toasted walnuts or pecans
- ½ cup sun-dried tomatoes, soaked
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil (more to taste)
- 1 clove garlic
- 4 cups packed kale, de-stemmed and washed
- 2 cups fresh basil, washed
- Salt and pepper to taste
- To make the polenta pizza: bring broth and milk to a low boil in a medium saucepan. Add polenta, pepper and dried basil. Simmer over very low heat for 5 minutes, stirring constantly. Turn off heat and let stand 10 minutes. Stir in cheese until melted completely.
- Pour polenta into a baking dish, spreading evenly. Chill for 1 hour or until firm.
- Meanwhile, prepare the pesto: blend nuts, tomatoes, olive oil, garlic, kale and fresh basil in a food processor until totally smooth. Add more oil (or water) if needed to achieve desired consistency.
- When polenta is firm, slice into squares and arrange on a serving plate. Spread pesto on top. Warm in oven or serve at room temperature. Enjoy!