Quinoa Patty recipe from Down to Earth Organic and Natural.
- ½ onion, chopped
- olive oil
- 2 cups cooked and cooled quinoa
- 1 large carrot
- 1 large zucchini
- ¼ bunch parsley
- ¼ bunch cilantro
- 2 cups garbanzo flour, sifted
- ½ cup ground pumpkin seeds (use blender or food processor)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Sauté onion in a little olive oil until translucent.
- Place half the quinoa in a food processor with the carrot. Mix until paste forms. Pour into a bowl.
- Process the remaining quinoa, zucchini, parsley and cilantro until it turns into paste. Add this to the bowl.
- Add the onion, garbanzo flour, ground pumpkin seeds, salt and pepper and mix well.
- Heat a skillet to medium high. Spray with cooking oil. Form balls of mixture with hands, flatten and place in skillet. Fry on each side for 2-3 minutes.
- Serve with your favorite sauce and enjoy!