Miso Detox Soup
This simple soup is warming and nourishing for your digestive system.
- 3 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1 leek, sliced thinly
- 5 sweet peppers, sliced
- 1 head bok choi (leaves and greens), sliced thinly
- 1 inch fresh ginger, sliced
- ½ inch fresh turmeric, sliced
- 3 cups chopped kale
- 2 cups chopped red cabbage
- 8 cups water
- ½ cup miso paste (more to taste)
- 1 (15-ounce) can kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 Tablespoon tamari
- Pinch of cayenne
- 2 Tablespoons toasted sesame oil
- Heat oil over medium heat in a large stock pot.
- Sauté leeks, sweet peppers, and bok choy until soft, about 10 minutes.
- Add ginger, turmeric, kale, and red cabbage.
- Pour in water and whisk in miso and then add kidney beans.
- Mix in tamari and cayenne.
- Cover soup and simmer over medium-low heat for 20 minutes until all vegetables are soft.
- Drizzle with sesame oil and stir. Serve and enjoy!