Mushrooms Rockefeller Recipe from Down to Earth Organic and Natural
- 5 Tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 2 (12-ounce) packages oyster mushrooms, stems removed
- 2 pounds baby spinach
- ½ cup vegan mayonnaise
- ½ cup chopped fresh fennel (optional)
- 2 teaspoons Dijon or your favorite mustard
- 2 Tablespoons chopped shallots
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- Preheat oven to 450°.
- Spread 1 Tablespoon olive oil in the bottom of a large baking dish. Arrange mushrooms evenly in baking dish. Set aside.
- Heat 1 Tablespoon olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Sauté half the spinach until just wilted. Remove from pan and set aside. Sauté remaining spinach with another Tablespoon olive oil.
- Spread wilted spinach on top of mushrooms.
- Whisk together 2 Tablespoons oil, mayonnaise, fennel, mustard, shallots and garlic. Spread sauce evenly over mushroom mixture in baking dish.
- Bake 15 minutes or until sauce begins to brown.
- Set oven to broil and cook 2-3 minutes, or until brown and bubbly. Serve as a casserole with your favorite bread, pasta or grain. Enjoy!