Noodle Bowl with Sesame Miso Dressing
This is a quick and easy lunch or dinner, offering good nutrition in a small bowl!
Updated: Mon, 05/13/2019 - 9:05pm
- 1 (8-ounce) package soba noodles
- 2 cups cubed kabocha pumpkin
- 4 cups sliced green cabbage
- 2 cups ribboned carrots
- ¼ cup white miso paste
- 2 Tablespoons toasted sesame oil
- 2 Tablespoons sesame seeds
- 2 Tablespoons fresh orange juice
- 2 Tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon orange zest
- 2 Tablespoons water, or to taste
- Cook soba noodles according to package directions.
- In a large saucepan, bring 4 cups water to boil. Add cubed pumpkin and cook until soft, about 10 minutes.
- When pumpkin is fork-tender, toss in cabbage and carrots. Turn off heat and let stand until cabbage is wilted, about 10 minutes. Drain vegetables and set aside.
- Meanwhile, whisk together miso, sesame oil, sesame seeds, orange juice, apple cider vinegar, and orange zest until smooth. Add water, one Tablespoon at a time until a smooth, creamy texture is reached.
- To build the bowl, toss cooked noodles with vegetables, and drizzle with dressing. Toss until noodles are coated. Sprinkle with extra sesame seeds or furikake if desired. Enjoy!