One-Pot Mushroom Stroganoff
This is a dish you can make in a snap for a weeknight dinner with minimal cleanup. It's creamy, delicious, nostalgic and vegan! What more could you ask for in a dinner?
- 1 tablespoon olive oil (for sauteeing - swap for veggie broth if you want to lighten the dish!)
- 1 medium yellow onion, diced
- 12 oz cremini mushroom, sliced
- 3 cloves garlic
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ cup mirin
- ½ tablespoon vegan worcestershire
- ¼ cup flour of your choice
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- 1 ½ cups cashew milk
- 8 oz fusilli pasta, uncooked
- fresh parsley, chopped, for garnish
- Sautee onions in a large pot over medium heat until semi-transluscent, then add mushrooms garlic, salt and pepper. Sautee until everything is softened.
- Stir in flour and mix to fully combine. Add vegetable broth, cashew milk, pasta, vegan Worcestershire sauce and mirin. Stir to combine all ingredients.
- Cover and increase to medium-high heat. Let cook for 10-15 minutes or until the pasta is cooked and a cream sauce forms.