Pecan Thumbprint Cookies
Pecan Thumbprint Cookie recipe from Down to Earth Organic and Natural.
- 3 Tablespoons Ener-G™ egg replacer powder or 2 Tablespoons VeganEgg powder,
- 4 Tablespoons water
- 1 cup vegan butter, softened
- 1¼ cups sugar
- 2½ teaspoons vanilla
- ¾ cup shredded coconut
- 3¼ cups unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup finely chopped pecans
- ¾ cup fruit preserves
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- In a small bowl whisk together egg replacer powder and water. Set aside.
- In a large bowl beat butter and sugar until fluffy.
- Add egg replacer mixture and vanilla. Beat until combined.
- Mix in coconut.
- In a medium bowl combine flour, baking soda and baking powder.
- Add flour mixture to wet mixture and stir until just combined.
- Using your hands, form dough into 1” balls. Roll balls in chopped pecans. Place on ungreased cookie sheet.
- Using a ½ teaspoon measuring spoon, press into the center of the dough ball, forming a shallow well.
- Bake for 10 minutes; press again with measuring spoon and bake for 2 more minutes.
- Remove from heat and fill with ½ teaspoon fruit preserves.
- Let cool for a few minutes then transfer to a cooling rack. Enjoy!