- 2 medium-sized ripe avocados
- 1 cup sliced zucchini
- ½ cup chopped fresh cilantro
- ¼ cup fresh squeezed lime juice (more to taste)
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon each cumin and dried garlic
- ½ teaspoon chipotle powder (optional)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Water, as needed
Black Bean Salad
- 2 Tablespoons peanut oil
- ½ cup chopped red onion
- ½ cup chopped red pepper
- 2 cups zucchini, sliced into rounds
- 1 Tablespoon vegan margarine
- 2 cups cooked black beans
- 1 cup chopped fresh mango (or papaya)
- 4 cups cooked brown rice
- Add avocado, zucchini, cilantro, lime juice, vinegar, spices, and salt to processor. Blend until very smooth, adding a bit of water if necessary.
- In a large skillet, heat oil until bubbling. Add onions and red pepper. Cook until just browned, about five minutes. Remove from skillet. Add zucchini and vegan margarine. Cook until zucchini begins to brown on each side. Add to onion mixture.
- Toss black beans into vegetable mixture. Let cool slightly, then add mango. Stir to combine.
- To serve: divide rice between four bowls, spoon black bean mixture on top, and drizzle dressing just before serving. Enjoy!