Broccoli Couscous Salad
Couscous, tiny pieces of semolina pasta, cooks in minutes and makes for a great lunch or dinner when paired with veggies and this flavorful dressing. Buy couscous in bulk or in grocery.
Updated: Mon, 05/13/2019 - 8:51pm
- 4 cups water
- 1 cup couscous
- 2 cups finely chopped broccoli
- 1 cup diced carrots
- 1 cup cooked chickpeas (garbanzo beans)
- 1 cup sliced olives (any variety)
- ½ cup chopped sundried tomatoes (soaked one hour if needed)
- 1 cup fresh chopped greens (spinach, kale, etc.)
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 2-3 Tablespoons prepared Dijon mustard
- 1 Tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 Tablespoon honey
- 1 Tablespoon mixed Italian herbs
- Bring 4 cups water to a boil. Add couscous to a large glass bowl. Pour 2 cups boiling water on top of couscous and stir. Cover and let stand 5-10 minutes, until all liquid is absorbed. Fluff with a fork.
- Place broccoli and carrots into a large glass bowl. Pour remaining 2 cups boiling water over broccoli and carrots. Cover, and let stand five minutes to blanch slightly, then drain and toss with couscous. Add chickpeas, olives and sundried tomatoes.
- Whisk together Dressing ingredients and then pour over couscous mixture. Toss to combine. Serve immediately or save leftovers for up to three days. Enjoy!