- 2 Tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- ½ cup minced leek (white part only)
- 2 cups baby spinach leaves
- 2 cups cooked chickpeas or 1 (15-ounce) can, drained
- 1 cup grated purple cabbage
- 2 medium carrots, grated
- ½ cup bell peppers, diced
- ½ cup toasted sunflower seeds (substitute any other toasted nuts or seeds)
- 2 heads romaine lettuce, cut into ½" thick ribbons
- ½ cup crumbled feta cheese
- Aged balsamic vinegar for drizzling
- Whisk together lemon juice and oil. Add leeks and set aside.
- Roll 7 or 8 spinach leaves into a tight roll, then slice into thin strips. Repeat with remaining spinach.
- Toss spinach, chickpeas, cabbage, carrots, bell peppers and sunflower seeds in a large bowl. Toss with leek mixture. Season with salt and pepper if desired.
- Divide romaine among 8 plates and top with chickpea salad mixture. Garnish each plate with 1 Tablespoon feta and drizzle with balsamic vinegar. Enjoy!