- ¾ cup yellow quinoa
- ¼ cup red quinoa
- 2 cups water
- 2-3 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1 Tablespoon umeboshi plum vinegar
- 1-2 Tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1-2 cloves garlic, minced or pressed
- 2 medium baby bok choy, finely chopped
- 1 large carrot, finely chopped
- ½-3/4 cup chopped fresh tomatoes
- 1 (16-ounce) can organic beans, drained
- 1 (16-ounce) organic corn, drained
- ½ cup chopped fine cilantro
- ¼ cup chopped parsley
- ½ - ¾ cup black olives, whole or chopped
- Sea salt & pepper
- To prepare Quinoa: Combine quinoa and water in a saucepan. Bring to a boil then lower heat down to a simmer. Let cook for 10-12 minutes or until water has been absorbed. Set aside to cool or refrigerate.
- To prepare Dressing : In a small bowl, whisk together olive oil, umeboshi plum vinegar, fresh lemon juice, and garlic.
- To prepare Salad: Steam bok choy slightly for a few minutes or until just wilted.
Combine steamed bok choy, carrots, tomatoes, beans, corns and olives in a large bowl. Pour Dressing over and toss to combine.
- Add in cilantro and parsley. Season to taste with fresh cracked pepper. Serve immediately or refrigerate to chill. Enjoy!