Garbanzo and Feta Salad
This easy salad is packed with protein and fiber.
- 2 Tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- ½ cup leek (white part only), minced
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 cups baby spinach
- 2 cups cooked garbanzo beans or 1 (15-ounce) can, drained
- 2 medium carrots, grated
- 1 red bell pepper, finely diced
- ¼ cup sunflower seeds, toasted or raw
- 2 heads romaine lettuce, torn into bite size pieces
- ½ cup feta cheese, crumbled
- Aged balsamic vinegar, for drizzling
- Whisk together lemon juice and oil in a bowl.
- Stir in leek, season with salt and pepper to taste. Set aside.
- Roll 7-8 spinach leaves into a tight cylinder and slice into thin strips. Repeat with remaining spinach.
- Combine spinach, garbanzo beans, carrots, bell pepper and sunflower seeds in a large bowl. Stir in leek mixture and toss to coat.
- Divide romaine onto 8 plates, top with garbanzo salad.
- Garnish with feta and drizzle with balsamic vinegar. Enjoy!