- 5 pounds whole potatoes, preferably Yukon Gold
- Salt and black pepper
- 1 cup diced red onion
- 1 cup diced vegetarian bacon, cooked
- ¼ cup freshly chopped dill or 2 Tablespoons dried
- ¼ cup freshly chopped parsley or 2 Tablespoons dried
- ½ cup red wine vinegar + 1-2 Tablespoons
- ¼ cup vegetable broth
- ½ cup canola or safflower oil
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- Bring a large pot of water to boil. Boil whole potatoes until fork-tender. This can take anywhere between 15-30 minutes.
- Drain potatoes into a large colander and run under cold water to cool.
- Once potatoes are cool enough to handle, you can leave the skins on or take them off. To quickly peel the potatoes: Hold a potato in one hand inside a clean dish towel – be careful, they’re hot! With the other hand, use the ends of the towel to rub the peel off easily.
- Cut whole potatoes into small dice and place in a large mixing bowl. Season with salt and pepper.
- Add red onion, vegetarian bacon, dill, ½ cup vinegar, and broth to diced potatoes. Gently mix to combine.
- Add oil and sugar and gently toss. Refrigerate for at least an hour. Taste before serving, adding more red wine vinegar if desired. Toss again and enjoy!