- 1 cup dry quinoa
- 1½ cups water
- ¼ cup diced bell pepper, green or red
- ½ cup diced cucumber
- ½ cup chopped parsley or cilantro
- ½ cup diced tomatoes
- ½ cup diced carrots
- ⅛ cup chopped green onions
- 1-2 Tablespoons lemon or lime juice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Dressing of choice
- Rinse quinoa in cold water using a mesh strainer or sifter.
- Boil water, add quinoa and boil for 3 minutes. Cover and simmer on low heat 15 minutes or until done.
- Fluff with a fork and cool. Transfer quinoa to a large bowl and add the rest of the ingredients.
- Add dressing according to taste. Toss well, serve and enjoy!