- ¾ cup quinoa
- 2 cups ribboned carrots
- 1 cup fresh chopped herbs (dill, parsley, basil, etc.)
- 1 cup thinly sliced green cabbage
- ½ cup Zante currants or raisins
- ¼ cup olive or coconut oil
- 3 Tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 Tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- Pinch salt and pepper
- To cook the quinoa: Add all quinoa to a dry skillet and toast until browned. Add to a medium saucepan with 1½ cups water. Bring to a boil, then lower heat and simmer for 10 minutes. Let stand until cool, then fluff with a fork.
- When quinoa is cool, toss with carrots, herbs, cabbage, and currants. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, whisk together Lemon Vinaigrette ingredients until emulsified. Pour over salad and serve immediately, or let marinate for a few hours.