Salted Chocolate Pecan Bars
A raw version of rich pecan pie, highlighted with dark chocolate and just a teeny taste of salt.
- 3 cups pecans, divided
- 1 cup whole almonds
- 3 Tablespoons ground flaxseeds
- ¼ cup chopped dates
- ¼ cup cacao nibs
- ¼ cup molasses*
- ¼ cup + 1 Tablespoon coconut butter
- 3 Tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon raw vanilla powder
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- ½ cup chopped raw dark chocolate
- ¼ cup raw cacao powder
- 2-4 Tablespoons maple syrup*
- 1-2 Tablespoons coconut oil
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Coarse-ground sea salt, for garnish
*Not a raw product
- For the Pecan Bars: Grind 2 cups pecans and almonds in food processor until fine. Add flaxseeds, dates, cacao nibs, molasses, coconut butter, coconut oil, vanilla, cinnamon and salt. Process until mixture is combined well. Turn out mixture into a bowl and fold in grated dark chocolate. Press into the bottom of 8x8 glass pan and top with remaining pecans, pressing slightly into dough. Let stand in fridge for at least an hour.
- For the Chocolate Drizzle: In a small bowl whisk together cacao powder, maple syrup, coconut oil, and vanilla extract until very smooth. Add more syrup or oil for taste/texture, and warm slightly if coconut oil is not liquid enough.
- When pecan mixture has firmed completely, cut into 16 small squares, arrange on a plate, (or in an airtight container) pour Chocolate Drizzle on top. Sprinkle with coarse ground sea salt to taste. Enjoy immediately, or move to fridge.