Lentil Wraps with Tahini Dressing
This thick lentil and vegetable mixture is a great way to keep your belly full and your body warm! Use in wraps, with rice or other grains.
Updated: Fri, 06/15/2018 - 7:37am
- ¼ cup tahini (sesame paste)
- 2 Tablespoons tamari
- 2 Tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 Tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon honey
- Water, as needed for texture
- 2 cups French Green lentils
- 1 cup diced sweet potatoes
- 1 cup diced carrots
- 1 cup diced onion
- ½ cup sliced celery
- ½ cup chopped fresh tomatoes
- 5 cups water
- 1 teaspoon each coriander, cumin, mustard, and basil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 6 whole-wheat tortillas (or wraps of choice)
- 2 cups fresh chopped spinach
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- To make the Dressing: Whisk together tahini, tamari, lemon juice, vinegar, and honey until smooth, adding water as needed to create a smooth, creamy dressing. Set aside.
- Add lentils, sweet potatoes, carrots, onions, celery, and tomatoes to a stockpot. Add water and bring to a boil. Cover, reduce heat, and simmer for 20 minutes, or until lentils are soft. Stir in herbs, salt and pepper to taste.
- To make wraps, layer tortillas with about ¾ cup lentil mixture, and then top with spinach and carrots. Drizzle with dressing and roll. Serve and enjoy!