Summer BBQ Sandwiches
It couldn’t be easier to get your veggies in when they are in a BBQ sandwich! This is a fun and easy recipe, perfect for families!
- 3 Large carrots, sliced into 1-inch sticks
- 1 Large red onion, sliced
- 1 Teaspoon Safflower oil
- 2 Teaspoons Smoked paprika
- 2 Teaspoons Maple Syrup
- 2 Teaspoons Onion powder
- 2 Teaspoons Garlic powder
- Sea salt and black pepper to taste
- 1 cup of your favorite vegan BBQ sauce
- Sandwich bread of your choice (collard leaves or tortillas would be great too!)
- Preheat oven to 375° and line a baking pan with parchment paper
- Spread carrots and onion in the baking sheet. Toss with safflower oil, paprika, maple syrup, garlic powder, onion powder, salt and pepper. Toss to coat evenly.
- Roast vegetables for 20-30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- After roasting, add vegetables to a bowl and mix in BBQ sauce.
- Serve on your favorite toasted bun with some cole slaw and enjoy!