- 3 Tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cups sliced onions
- ¼ teaspoon grated ginger
- 4 cups diced butternut squash
- 4-5 thinly sliced shiitake mushrooms
- ¼ cup water
- ¼ teaspoon nutmeg
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 Tablespoon tamari, soy sauce or liquid aminos
- 1 Tablespoon lemon juice
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- Heat olive oil in a large pot over medium heat. Sauté onions and ginger until onions are translucent, about 3-5 minutes.
- Stir in butternut squash and mushrooms.
- Add water and reduce heat to low. Cover pot and let cook until squash is soft but still somewhat crisp (al dente), about 7-10 minutes.
- Add nutmeg, cinnamon, tamari, lemon juice and salt. Stir gently.
- Cover and cook until vegetables are tender, about 5 minutes. Serve and enjoy!