Simple Cashew Gravy
Serve over millet or your favorite grain!
- 1 cup raw cashew pieces
- 2 cups hot water
- 2 Tablespoons nutritional yeast
- 2 Tablespoons garlic or onion powder
- 2 Tablespoons Nama Shoyu®
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 Tablespoon kuzu powder
- ¼ cup room temperature water
- Fresh cracked pepper
- Blend cashews into a fine powder using a food processor or blender.
- In a large pot, whisk powdered cashews with hot water. Stir in nutritional yeast, garlic powder, Nama Shoyu® and salt.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the kuzu with the room temperature water to dissolve. Whisk mixture into the pot.
- Keep on low heat and whisk frequently until thickened. Season with fresh cracked pepper. Enjoy!